Thursday, April 2, 2009

Thats My Girl!!

My Honda Eterno turns 3 today. It was delivered to us 3 years back one afternoon all shiny and new, without any identity. And while she's just a tad bit less shiny, she's better than new. Her tacho displays 13832. Seen a lot of this world. A punctured tire on top of a flyover has been the worst of it. No accidents, no mishaps. Only loads of memories.

My thoughts are a whirlwind filled with adrenalin, calm, shock, ecstasy, fear, happiness, frustration, bliss, speed, guilt, life... everything that happened with the road flying beneath me. My Eterno now has her own identity, she has a soul. She'll never betray or desert me, nor ever break my trust. Yes I always wanted a bike. But this scooter showed that its better than any, in many respects.

Its a pleasure simply revving it up and listening to its silent purr. No growl or roar, just a silent vibe of raw power, nothing flashy about her, but watch out for her on the road; cause at 90kmph she is the most silent machine on the asphalt, you will never hear her footsteps then!!! Polishing her smooth contours i own her.

Thousands of kilometers still to span, new roads to discover together, many destinations remain. But with my Eterno it will always be the journey that counts.

No comments: