Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Want, not Need

I asked myself, what do i really really want now, at this very moment?? and the answer left me totally surprised. I thought may be girlfriend?? Nah, high maintenance, then may be some one who i love.. and as it turned out - not really. May be what i want is a good Job.. but then i will be less oriented towards research and i wanted to do research after all. But do i wanna do research NOW??? Nope, not now man, after i complete my MSc and PhD i mean, then i wanna do research as my livelihood, the means through which i earn money.. So what DO i want now?? After MSc i want a project assistantship, which pays 12000/month for a year, that way i dont lose touch with research and can work for getting a good PhD in that one year, and if i am lucky may be i'll also get a paper!!! Yeah alright... but all thats for after the MSc.. the question was, what do i want NOW, ABHI. And the answer - I want my own bike, my own Honda Unicorn. Thats it. At this moment (1:39 am 30-9-2009) i really dont care much about job, RA, PhD, GRE, bioinfo, girlfriend, love, money, scholarship, marks, future, blah, blah... All i want in this world, now, is a bike of my own. Thats it.

No comments: